Camp For Troubled Boys
Looking for the most effective therapy options involves considering a myriad of choices and needs. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for mental or behavioral challenges. The best therapy programs include various strategies and techniques to provide holistic care that heals, and encourages your son to live to his fullest potential. Equinox RTC is a residential treatment center committed to making this type of care available to teens. Unlike a camp for troubled boys, our program provides a sophisticated level of therapeutic care.
Every student that arrives at Equinox RTC is treated based on factors specific to his case alone. We know that applying generic techniques across the board to struggling teens from unique backgrounds isn’t effective on the road to recovery. Some camps for troubled boys approach their students with this philosophy, but at Equinox RTC you can expect something more.
Our programming is designed to treat your son with an individualized program that improves the chance he’ll respond positively, and enact changes to his lifestyle that are beneficial for himself and your family. We use small caseloads so each therapist has a maximum of six boys, allowing for increased attention and interpersonal contact while at our center.
Our location in Western North Carolina provides space away from home to ensure that every student can achieve maximum growth at our residential treatment center. To make this transition easier, and build on the individualized therapy, we make sure your son has access to his therapist outside of required sessions. After fostering an environment of trust where your son can be open with our staff, we incorporate family involvement so he can apply the skills he’s learning to the relationships that are most important in his life.
We understand the concern a parent has when his or her son displays challenges in behavior, academics, or exhibits any form of self-harm. These are the kind of situations we seek to resolve at our residential treatment center in North Carolina, Equinox RTC. Families find comfort in our caring, experienced staff, who have worked with young men from across the country. Students often return home with a renewed sense of self and responsibility after completing the program in a new environment.
Why Choose Equinox over a Camp For Troubled Boys?
Equinox RTC is a unique program that targets the mind, body, and soul — something that separates us from other centers and camps for troubled teens. The challenges our students face cover a wide spectrum, including:
- the loss of a loved one
- Strained familial relations
- Cognitive processing challenges
- And more
Student at Equinox RTC experience holistic and endearing programming. We emphasize therapy with students’ families, fitness, nutrition, healthy interpersonal relationships, and adventure therapy. Your son will take part in outdoor and indoor activities that will rejuvenate his mental and physical health.
The programs at our residential treatment center build healthy habits and transform the lives of troubled boys by empowering them to live positive lives and interact with their communities for the better. Our proven Hero’s Journey follows each participant through his transition from troubled adolescent to responsible young man. And our staff or professionals is here to support your family every step of the way.
Promoting Personal Growth At Equinox RTC
Students who attend the residential treatment center at Equinox RTC will find the facility as enjoyable as it is transformative. The facility caters to all aspects of a young man’s life to ensure that he develops in multiple areas of his life. Days spent at Equinox RTC are active, and include a diverse line-up of activities, so your son isn’t spending all day in a therapist’s chair. There are three main parts of student life here:
- Academic Programming – Most of the students here are struggling in school, so it’s our goal to make these young men better citizens and pupils. Some have struggled academically for years and others recently took a turn for the worse. We operate the academic program year-round with various credit options and even offer high school diplomas. Students benefit from study skills, reading programs and more.
- Health & Fitness – Mental health is closely linked to physical health, and research proves that a healthy body can work greatly improve mood disorders. To assist with our goal of strengthening cognitive function, including memory, focus and attention we have every student participate in physical activity and take a fitness assessment. With recreation and nutrition goals we explore the outdoors and engage in fun physical activity that builds healthy bodies and minds.
- Service – Sometimes troubled teens have a limited worldview that revolves around themselves. While Equinox RTC is here for them, we also help students see the bigger picture, and giving back is part of that process. During their stay, students actively participate in volunteer service to places like food banks, animal shelters and nature centers among other events and facilities.
Fostering responsibility and accountability among the students in our communities helps them develop the kind of awareness, care and identity that will take them far in life. Every day is an opportunity for them to grow and use the lessons they are learning in individual and group therapy.
Equinox helps families from:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont,Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming